Saturday, 24 January 2015

The Man Cave

So, I have a man cave.  Perhaps if there was a lady living here with us it might be called a summer house or similar but until that happens it is a man cave.

I used to use my man cave to have friends over in the summer and play a tabletop game called Warhammer 40,000.  Yes, I am a geek, always was, always will be, but it was a place where my son could come (before my daughter was born) and watch male bonding in action.  We didn't need to drink (well, we drank tea), didn't need to shout at each other, didn't need to be anything but ourselves.

The reason I mention the man cave is that it ended up being filled with crap.  I made the mistake of saying I would look after someones stuff without realising how much stuff there was.  I lost that little place where my son and I could be boys.  Perhaps memories of what we did there is why he calls me Man-child sometimes?

We are currently in the process of clearing it.  It has taken days to get everything sorted so that it can be collected and to be fair its a difficult process because every box I look at makes me feel that I have been used.  However, this summer, whether its 40k or not, I know I will be able to go down there with my kids, my friends, and have fun.  Any suggestions on what would be a good plan for the place? Leave a comment if so!

No comments:

Post a Comment